Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Services
National Physical Therapy Month
October is National Physical Therapy Month.
On behalf of the Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants, we recognize that during October, physical therapy is celebrated nationally. This year is focused on emphasizing “Value of PT” Its meaning goes beyond the costs savings of physical therapy to highlight the ways physical therapy improves ones quality of life and impact to the healthcare system for this country. www.ValueofPT.com*
VA physical therapists and physical therapy assistants are health care professionals helping individuals maintain, restore and improve movement, activity and functioning, thereby enabling optimal performance and enhancing health, well-being and quality of life. During the past few years physical therapy is collaborating to deploy highly successful programs such as:
- Increasing access and the number of therapists embedded into Primary Care in collaboration with Office of Primary Care and Diffusion of Excellence to spread to every Health Care System
- Increasing access to female Veterans in collaborating with Gainesville Veterans Rural Health Resource Center and Office of Women’s Health to initiate a rural pilot to mentor, train, and provide necessary equipment in rendering Pelvic Health services
- Increasing Virtual Care thru Telerehab and Clinical Resource Hubs
- Collaboration with interdisciplinary pain teams with the Pain Management, Opioid Safety, and Prescription Drug Monitoring Program.
- Collaboration with Immersive Technology and Office of Healthcare Innovation and Learning utilizing Virtual Reality to develop specific PT programming for in the clinic and at home.
Thank you to the physical therapy professionals who provide outstanding care to Veterans every day!